Monday, January 30, 2012

#DDA Adventures and other, well, less happy things..

Wow what a weekend. Saturday wasn't much of anything to speak of but the yesterday: Whoa!


Saturday I did, however, get my newest slouchy hat done. Which means I now have two (three).  The "third" one is my GINORMOUS orange one that literally weighs a metric tonne. It's warm, yes, but unless it's snow, I won't be wearing it. I'm actually contemplating frogging the whole thing and repurposing the yarn but that won't be anytime soon. I also spent a good chunk of Saturday cleaning and bitching to Comcast about the internet speeds I was NOT getting.  They made some "adjustments" on their end and it seems to be better. Time will tell.


Yesterday = FUN ...then, not so much fun.


First was a fabulous round of Dim Sum with the #DDA (Sarah and Christi). Then we headed back to my place to knit the day away whilst watching Resident Evil (c'mon Zombies & knitting is a match made in heaven - almost as good as Hoarders and Knitting). Anyway, we had a wonderful time and caught up on our lives.


As they were leaving, my mom called with my aunt in tow and asked to stop by. Of course I said yes. Unfortunately, they parked in a spot that was poorly signed and should have been a visitor spot and their car was towed. Which is crap and we're going back to the management company to sort out. I'm hoping everything goes well with that.


And that's about it! The KAL that I'm hosting/leading starts on Wednesday (#WIPWednesday to be precise) and I think I'll be visiting my Worcester knitters since I haven't seen them in FOREVER and I miss them!! And thanks to Kristina for showing me another fine pattern that I actually just got yarn that would be perfect for which I clearly have to cast on. Pictures soon!!


-Kobuu

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

I'll be back from Florida by then so I'll be thrilled to see your fabulous self! That sucks about your mom's car getting towed, I hope they help you out with that. I haven't even checked out the herringbone KAL but it sounds awesome.

Sara Marks said...

Wait, they got towed again!?

Kobuu said...

@sara yes, they did. Which is complete crap and Vic is helping by confronting the management about it. My mom is also involved fighting it as well.

AdrieneJ said...

This is a repeat-towing experience? Someone out there sure is quick on the tow-trigger.

I think that if you frog your ginormous hat, only good things can come of it. You could make a nice, cozy cowl instead... or a scarf... or a shawlette... or lots and lots of toys... :)

Kobuu said...

@adriene I agree! The space are very poorly labelled ergo the fight. We understand that the tow guy was only doing a job but there needs to be some bend here. We're hoping they see it from our point and give us back the money.

As for the hat, it's made of thick/thin Trabajos de Peru wool. Very soft and warm. And also one skein of Berroco comfort chunky. I see the cowl for sure, maybe in toys, but that's not something I'm going to do right away. I have many other things pending in front of that! Lol (don't we all?)