December 30th, 2013... I'm rather glad this year is over. I'm looking forward to what 2014 will bring. I'm hoping that a new job and a new outlook is just around the corner.
Originally I had planned on a long, drawn out end of year recap. Now, however, that doesn't really suit me right this moment. I'd rather be knitting anyway.
I will say this, I'm hoping to blog more. I'm hoping to knit more for my store and, indeed, get more store up and running for real. Etsy is a great stepping stone but I would rather be a knitter for hire than just making supplies for my inventory. I do have a couple ideas for making that happen though so we'll see.
As for life? Well, it's been less than fabulous since getting laid off. Recent law changes in MA have made all the various processes take exponentially longer and thus I haven't gotten a single check yet. Certainly not a very good way to start a new year.
Goals for 2014:
- Get better at sweaters
- Complete the Master Knitter's evaluation
- Clear out all my current WIP's
- Get my store and KFH site up and running
- Design more!
I guess you can call those "resolutions" if you want but I don't particularly subscribe to that whole thing. These are goals and are attainable with focus and diligence. Resolutions always seem to be more lofty and out of reach. I'll stick to this list and add to it as necessary.
That about does it, then! Kind of a pitiful last post of the year but it serves the purpose. I'm glad of what I've accomplished so far and look forward to the new challenges that await!
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
See, I told you, I'd post about my WIP's... lol. There are quite a few though:
7. Vic's Sweater (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mens-big-shawl-collar-pullover) THIS needs to get done for Christmas. I'll be casting on the second sleeve today so that I can then do the collar and get this damn thing put together!
8. Old Forge (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/old-forge). Last but not least! This is the youngest of the projects. Now that it's finally on a circular needle, I should be able to make better headway on it. Sweater first though!
1. All the Shades of Truth (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/all-the-shades-of-truth). I actually call this one All the Shades of Blue for...well, obvious reasons. I've been working on this one for a while...really should get back to it.
2. Olan (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olan). Technically I'm in the homestretch... but I really need to get back to this one, too. It's about time I finished this one.
3. Tripartite (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tripartite). 50% done. This is a project that should be done for Spring/Summer since that's when I'll wear it.
4. Dublin Cap (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dublin-cap) Yeah... barely started. Lowest on the list, for now.
5. Chadwick (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chadwick) Don't even get me started. I wanted to do this one over October but didn't, wanted to get it done since then, and didn't. It's pretty sad...but true.
6. Batad (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/batad) Started this not too long ago. Theoretically I could finish this before Christmas. Just need to not work on anything else... You know, this list is getting a little long...
|The Cheerios container has my stitch markers in it.|
|Missing from picture: Sleeve 1|
Well... I think that's enough. Time to cast on that sleeve, methinks!!
<3 br="" kobuu="">