Friday, November 1, 2013

I'm Calling this #NoComNov

Yes, I'm calling this No Commitment November. As in, I'm not doing #NaNoWriMo or #NaKniSweMo, or even #Movember or "No Shave November".

My November is NO. Haha.

Honestly though, I need to recover from CAL/KAL-tober and actually complete some of those things. I'm not committing to that though. I have other ideas, plans, things to do. Like find a job, relax, and knit. I want to actually enjoy waking up in the morning, going through a day without stress and learning to love myself again.

There is one thing that I'm REALLY looking forward to: not being angry.
Everyday I get up and drive more than an hour to work in morning traffic. It doesn't matter if I've had a fantastic night, or got enough sleep, or listen to Broadway and sing in the car. Inevitably, there will be either traffic or some idiot on the road that will sour my mood. From there, it's a quick roll down the hill. While the start of my commute was within the speed limit and cautious, the ending is usually speeding and trying to get off the roads at to the safety of the office. I'm usually grumpy when I first sit down and have little regard or care for the people around me.

The converse also happens on my ride home which can be even longer.

I'm tired of that. I'm tired of having to deal with the types of people on the road at that hour. And I'll admit that sometimes, I'm one of them. And I hate that about myself. There's no reason to drive like that since everyone has to get to work just like you do. There's no sense in "being first" because if it causes an accident in the process, you're either going to be dead or injured AND you're going to basically stop traffic for everyone else! How considerate.

I need the next few days to just be over. Then I need to wake up on the 8th, make breakfast for +Victor Woodroffe and relax.

"I have no closing so I'll just end this with a small bow." - George Carlin

No comments: