Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Project: Make My Queue and other Updates

I occurred to me the other day that I haven't written a blog post in a VERY long time. Life has a way of creeping up on you just when you think it's settled down a bit. I really do need to be better at actually posting though.

Over the past few months, I have had to deal with a lot of personal things. Loss, grief, sadness and stress. Most of that is over now and I'm looking forward to going on a much needed vacation with my partner, +Victor Woodroffe . This will be a chance for us both to get away, relax and rejuvenate ourselves. Of course I'm bringing knitting, even though I said I wouldn't. But chances are there would have been a time where I didn't want to read, drink or swim and I would have been craving the feel of yarn and the click of my needles. So I'm just bringing something basic and if I get it done, great. If not, that's ok too. The objective is to not have to deal with stress for an entire week.

Regarding Project: #MakeMyQueue, it's moving along. On Jan 1 I started with 47 projects in my queue. Goal? To make everything in that list. I currently have 7 projects out of that started and in progress, 9 to make that I haven't started at all, and 26 completed projects!! I also have frogged 4 projects which, if you do the math, gets me to 46. I've edited, added, swapped, my queue so many times that the original 47 have been sort of lost. But, even 46 is still a big task. The projects that were frogged will probably not ever be completed. That said, it's a small percentage of the overall Project so I'm still comfortable.

My objective moving forward, at least for now, is to finish what I've started. Projects like Stringband and Hitchhiker, though not part of my original queue, will keep me busy during vacation. When I come back, I need to put those projects down and finish up some others. If you'd like to see all the different things that I've made, feel free to check out my Project: Make My Queue page on Ravelry. Each project is numbered as I finish or frog it so I know where I'm at in the queue. Of course, this also means that things happen where project #15 isn't done yet but #35 is. Such is life! HAHA!

I'm going to try to be better about posting. I was going strong at the beginning of the year but it's pittered out a bit. Thanks for reading!

Take care,
Kobuu

No comments: