Monday, January 28, 2013

#MakeMyQueue : Weeks 5 & 6

I really need to get back into doing this once a week because I can never remember the beginning of two weeks ago!

So week 5 & 6. Well.... I got a couple more things done but new random things got in the way. Not really in the way but they took precedent over my queue work.

The first thing was a hat for my uncle. He's technically my great-uncle, but still. He's in chemo right now and this is the second time he's gone through it. The doctors assured him that he's going to lose his hair this time so I made him a hat to keep his noggin warm!


According to my aunt, his favourite colour is green. I used KP WOTA Chunky in "Rolling Hills" for the green variegated and Navy for the blue bands. I thought that just a green hat would be boring and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. That's going in the mail tomorrow with a card.

The second thing was just yarn. Yes, yarn. A few weeks ago I pulled out my stash in an effort to reorganize it and completely reconstruct my Ravelry inventory. Great in theory....time-sucking in practice. After many entries to the online database, I still haven't made it all the way through and I have a LOT more to go. The good news is that I'm discovering some yarns that I had completely forgotten I even had. Things like: 


Yes. That is 463 yards of flaming fingering weight amazing!!! I bought this last March thinking I was going to crochet socks. Yeah...that never happened. Now I think it's going to be a shawl of some kind. Just need to find the *right* pattern.

I did manage to get TWO more things done for #MakeMyQueue though:

Scrap Happy
Bicycle Wheels
Top, Scrap Happy hat is exactly as it sounds. All I did was use nicer scraps from my basket. The top is Malabrigo, then KP WOTA worsted, Jojo Land Rhythm and finally MadelineTosh Vintage. I actually used them all up but the hat's a little smaller than I'd like. It's also not exceedingly warm so right now, with snow falling, it's kind of useless.

By way of an opposite, Bicycle Wheels is made with Lion Brand Thick n' Quick. I'd never used this yarn, ever, so I figured what the hell. Well....I'm just kind of ok with this. It's far to large, sits weird on my head and is kind of heavy. I may frog it but truth be told, I don't care that much. I used a coupon for the yarn so it was only $4 and it's part acrylic anyway. Meh. Also, I don't know why this pattern is called Bicycle Wheels. I guess because the purl loops look like tires? Not sure. But whatever, on to the next project!!

So that's it for now. I've started my 13th project from my queue which I'm calling "Hex-Tris" for obvious reasons:



This is such a fun pattern that I'm addicted to making these little #hexies , a hashtag that +Sabrina Benton and I are using and trying to trend...

Stay tuned for more!!
-Kobuu :)

No comments: