Sunday, December 23, 2012

#MakeMyQueue - Week 1

Well I meant to write this post earlier but I never got around to it. After the first week of Project: #MakeMyQueue, I have completed three of the original 47 projects. This brings me down to 44 remaining!

Those three projects are as follows:

 


This pattern worked up fairly quickly as I used Cascade 128 in Charcoal and Rowan Colourscape Chunky on size 10 1/2 needles. The buttons were a huge bonus as I got 6 of them at Joann Fabrics for less that $3! I knew that I was going to use the same yarns for Project #2 so I needed the extra buttons for that.


 Project #2: Marie Cabled Slouch (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/marie-cabled-slouch).

A crochet pattern, this one didn't work up as quick as I wanted. The pattern was a bit of a bitch and took some work and frogging. Eventually I figured out where the pattern wanted to go and was able to crank this out. As you can see, the colours match perfectly to the Elf Cowl and I'll be rocking that ensemble for Christmas festivities tomorrow!

Project #3: Cobblestone Mats (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cobblestone-mats).

Front
Back

This pattern was done in black and white acrylic. I've wanted to make these for a while but never got around to it. Honestly, for being such an easy pattern, I thought it kind of sucked. The directions call to use 4 strands of fingering weight yarn held together. Ok, well, that's going to use my good yarn to make nothing more than coasters. Not acceptable. Two strands of worsted is the same gauge (sort of) and so I made this. I don't like it and it doesn't look like the cool cobblestone mats in the pattern, so screw it. I made one. I'm calling the "project" done.

Going into week 2, I've cast on Metalouse by Stephen West (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/metalouse).


Colour choices are KP Felici Sport in Recess for the Main Colour and Stroll Fingering in Peapod for the Contrasting Colour. I didn't get much done, as you can see in the picture below, but at least it's started.


Also, I'm working on Bolting, also by Stephen West (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bolting). I'm really wanting to wear that one this winter if I can. The fourth of 5 skeins is being added tonight. Progress so far:



Thus begins my #MakeMyQueue project! I'm hoping to blog about it weekly so stay tuned for updates!!

-Kobuu

No comments: