Wednesday, April 25, 2012

#WIPWednesday: Blogged

I rather like that title so I'm going to keep using it!

Since the inception of kobuu.com, I'm trying to keep on the blogging thing. When people ask if I have more things that I make, I'm directing them here so that they can read my little funny anecdotes and see all the stuff I make! Not very professional really, but it's a touch of personality and whimsy that I think is missing in today's society. Oh, it's also nothing like Etsy.

But I digress, you didn't come here to hear my socio-political babble, you came to find out just what I'm working on!

Now that the baby set is done, and I don't have to make more for a while, I'm working on my Saroyan. I need to finish this and my Clapotis so I can jump on some other projects. I also need to pick up my mom's tablecloth at some point soon since I only have one full square done and the CAL BOTM's need to be done for April as May is coming up pretty damn fast! Whew!!

So here's the Saroyan:

This is made with Malabrigo in worsted weight. Colourway: Noviembre. I have two skeins of this yarn so I'll be modifying this pattern a bit.  My plan is to only increase with the first skein and then only decrease with the second. This should give me a triangular shawl/scarf without the long bit in the middle. Less trapezoid.

I am also pumping out washcloths (I need them) with "Grandma's Favourite Dishcloth" pattern here:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grandmas-favorite-dish-cloth

Now it's time to get back to work....maybe...
-Kobuu

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Such a pretty colorway. I have a Saroyan in green sockweight that I haven't touched since January...it's half finished. Someday! Right now it is all about this sweater.

Kobuu said...

You totally need to pick it up again. Then you, Kim and I will be working on the same thing! LOL