Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday: BLOGGED

Hey All!

This has been a crazy week and I've started reading again so my hobbies have to be carefully planned out or at least measured so that I don't miss out on stuff.

For knitting news, I made a hat over the weekend. It's the Scallop Lace hat on Ravelry and it's wonderfully easy to make and fantastic to wear! Here's a pic:


And now Vic wants one in black, maybe not so slouchy but I added an extra pattern repeat to get that so I'll just make it as the pattern says. Also, I used Ella Rae Classic Worsted which knitted up beautifully and I think really shows of the stitch!

In other news, I'm still working on my Saroyan, Acid Green Shawl, crocheted tablecloth, and a couple other things. And my coworker is pregnant and has come to me for knitted things.  I've picked out a couple of WICKED cute hats and a set of booties. She's not due until October so I have plenty of time but I just want to start now! LOL.

And since I mentioned reading.... I'm getting a Kindle!! It's actually on its way to me as I type. I'll probably end up getting it tomorrow some time which is fine. I can't wait. I've been reading The Hunger Game trilogy, I'm on "Catching Fire", and I have to say that I LOVE IT!! I think my favourite bit is the correlation between the world of the Districts and the USA as it could possibly become. It's scary the parallels that follow in the story with our own potential future.  I must say that I'll be reading other Suzanne Collins books for sure!

AND, Today is Knit Knite day!!! The Greater Worcester Hook & Needlers are meeting at our NEW location: Panera Bread on Gold Star Blvd. I cannot wait to see them, to knit and to be able to THINK without that asshole playing his guitar and singing songs about the Titanic sinking! SRSLY?!?!

That's about it, chickies!
-Kobuu

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

That song will always be emblazoned upon my brain. That one, and the one about the dead woman on the table in the asylum. Love the hat! :)